8th November 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
8th November 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. Gibraltar Strait:
- It is a waterway that runs between the Southernmost point of SPAIN and Western most point of AFRICA.
- It allows for seaborne transit for commerce between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- The strait is the busiest shipping waterway in the world after the English Channel.
2. 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention:
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention is the flagship event of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Guyana President, Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali will be the chief guest of the Convention.
- ]It will be held from 8th to 10th January next year in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- The theme of the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is Diaspora: Reliable Partners for India’s Progress in Amrit Kaal.
3. New Chairman of National Monuments Authority:
- Professor Kishor Kumar Basa has been appointed.
- National Monuments Authority (NMA) is set up as per provisions of The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains AMASR (Amendment and Validation) Act, 2010.
4. Haryana Government launched TOFI Programme:
- The Forest Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) have launched the “Trees outside forests in India (TOFI)” programme in Rohtak.
- The programme will bring together farmers, companies and other private institutions to rapidly expand tree coverage outside traditional forests in the state.
- This will enhance carbon sequestration, and support local communities.
5. North Channel:
- The North Channel is the strait between north-eastern Northern Ireland and south-western Scotland.
- It connects the Irish Sea with the Atlantic Ocean and is part of the marine area officially classified as the “Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland” by the International Hydrographic Organization.
- The Straits of Moyle is the name given to the narrowest expanse of sea in the North Channel.
6. National Florence Nightingale Awards 2021:
- President Droupadi Murmu presented the National Florence Nightingale Awards for the year 2021 to Nursing professionals.
- The awards were instituted in the year 1973 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as a mark of recognition for the meritorious services rendered by nurses and nursing professionals to society.
7. Rajasthan to Host Iconic 8-Day Long Pushkar Fair:
- This year, Pushkar Fair is being hosted by Rajasthan from 1st November to 9th November 2022.
- Pushkar Fair is also known as Pushkar Camel Fair, Kartik Mela, or Kartik ka Mela.
- The Pushkar Fair will be held without the popular cattle fair due to the spread of lumpy skin disease in livestock.
- Every year, the cattle fair used to be the highlight of the fair. Farmers from all across the state gather at this fair to trade livestock such as cattle, camels, and horses.
8. Law Commission has been constituted:
- The central government appointed a chairperson and members of the Law Commission over two and a half years after it was constituted.
- Retired Karnataka High Court Chief Justice Rituraj Awasthi has been appointed as the chairperson of the commission.
9. 15th Edition of Urban Mobility India Conference – Kochi:
- The meet is focused on the theme, ‘Azadi @ 75 — Sustainable Atma Nirbhar Urban Mobility’.
10. Ghaem – 100:
- It is a new satellite-carrying rocket.
- Launched by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
- Its satellite programme is targeted at scientific research and other civilian applications.
11. Book & Author:
- K. Janaki Ammal: Life and Scientific Contributions
- Authored by Nirmala James
12. Uniform Gold Price Based on Bank Rate – Kerala:
- Kerala becomes the 1st state to launch a uniform price on 916 purity 22-carat gold based on bank rate.
- This means the jewellers in Kerala now charge the same price as the bank rate for gold.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Video Class 2023 – https://bit.ly/mainsvideoclass
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH