HOW TO TAKE NOTES FROM SCHOOL BOOKS FOR ANY EXAMS
First we have to be very clear about taking notes. Everyone will take notes, but the way they take notes will matter a lot.
Never forget this,
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.Quote by Kevin Durant
Even, if we are talent enough to crack any exam with single attempt, but we won’t work hard with dedication. That will be prime reason for our failure. Even a amateur aspirant will easily clear this exam, if they worked hard by studying more than 5 hours a day. Hard work with smart work is important to succeed any type of exams.
THREE WAYS OF LEARNING FROM BOOKS
1.JUST READING A BOOK WITHOUT MARKING ANYTHING
This is one such way of learning. This can be implemented only when you don’t have enough time for exam. You can read less important topics in that manner. No need of annotation. Just follow a skimming and scanning technique. It will be like reading a entire syllabus before Semester exams during our college days.
2. CHANGING A BOOK INTO YOUR NOTES
This is one of the effective way of taking notes. This can be followed to a large book like Indian Polity Laxmikanth. Because we cannot take full notes from the entire book. Instead we can make that entire books into notes. So that we don’t need to rely on large notes for our revision. It saves time and we can effectively make notes from it.
3. MAKING NOTES SEPERATELY FROM SCHOOL BOOKS
This is the best method that we can follow for our preparation. This will be like
Slow and steady wins the race
Though it is time consuming, it is effective than any other studying method. Just try to create your own notes from school books with your own handwriting. So that we will never forget the things we study, which will directly enter our subconscious mind. It will stay in our mind for a longer run.
WHY WE WANT TO TAKE NOTES?
1. To avoid unnecessary tension during exams
Yeah this is a thing that we should consider. If we don’t take notes, then we have to carry the entire books during our last hours of preparation. If we have our own notes, it will be easier to carry.
2. In order to retain important facts for a longer run
As I said earlier, we can memorise the facts and data for a longer period of time by taking notes from our own handwriting. By doing this, we can understand the concept, interpret in our own way. This is more productive than any other method.
3. The Notes making practice will help your mains preparation
Yeah. This is completely true. Notes making is a skill. We need to master it. Though it is little tougher, we can easily do it. You don’t need to think that we have to follow certain rules and all. There is no such thing. You just take notes without any doubts. This will surely help your TNPSC GROUP 1 MAINS Preparation.
HOW TO TAKE NOTES FROM SCHOOL BOOKS
1. If you want to take notes for a lesson, just have a slow read once (entire lesson)
2. Just analyse the important points that we need to take that as a notes
3. Mentally prepare a over-all sketch for the entire lesson
4. Use two or more colour pens for your note making
5. One thing you should not forget, our notes must be understandable only to us, not to any anyone
6. So use all your idea in your notes making, there is no need of taking notes in a clear manner or beautiful manner
7. Our ultimate aim is to know what we have taken as notes (not others)
8. Use mind map or sketch diagram to understand the concept easier
9. If you are taking notes from a paragraph, just read that paragraph once before you take notes
10. Write only important points rather the entire lesson
11. Try to take points in a right side of the notes instead of both sides, so that we can use the left side for the extra points (to improve the quality of our notes)
12. Just use different colours for any short cuts, don’t go for many number of color pens (it consumes time)
13. Try to precise your notes to maximum of five pages for a lesson
14. No need of taking notes in a good handwriting and all, if it is legible to you, that’s enough
15. Try to take notes of a particular subject in a single note, so that we don’t need to search the notes during our last hours of preparation.
Hope you got it. If you want to see my note making practice with live demonstration just watch the video below.
Atlast, one thing
Take greater notes, speed up your preparation and succeed sooner, get a great job. Don’t forget to enjoy your life.