Places, Species, Other names in News (November 2021) : PART – 1
● Conference of the Parties (COP-26) held at Glasgow in Scotland.
● Ayodhya city is situated on the banks of Sarayu river.
● Ethiopia – Oromo rebels.
● Kartarpur Sahib corridor is situated on the banks of the river Ravi in Pakistan.
● Pochampally – Telangana’s Pochampally village was selected as one of the best tourism villages by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
● Adichanallur is an archaeological site in Tamilnadu. It is located on the banks of the river Thamirabarani.
● Purvanchal Expressway – It connects Lucknow and Ghazipur. Currently, it’s the longest Expressway in India (340.82km).
Other names :
● Immunological memory :
• The immune system retains a memory of the virus. If a person gets exposed to the SARS COV-2 virus again, the immune cells recognise the viral pathogen and kill the pathogen. This is called immunological memory.
● Irula tribes – Irula tribes are the second largest of the 36 tribal communities in Tamilnadu. Irula tribes are listed as Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs).
• The 6 PVTGs in Tamilnadu are Kattu Nayakans, Kotas, Kurumbas, Irulas, Paniyans, Todas.
● Molunapiravir – It’s an anti Covid pill. UK is the 1st country to approve a pill for COVID-19. Its company name is “EIDD 2801”.
● Kalari (Kalaripayattu) – It’s an ancient martial art originated in Kerala.
● Troika plus – Pakistan has hosted a meeting of the extended Troika, called the Troika plus meeting comprising Pakistan, China, Russia, and the United States to discuss the latest situation in Afghanistan.
• The Troika Plus called on the Taliban to take steps to form an inclusive and representative government in Afghanistan.
● Bhadla Solar Park – It is the largest solar power plant in the world, is based in Bhadla village, in India’s Rajasthan’s Jodhpur district – a region known for its solar-friendly high temperatures. The power plant has an installed capacity of 2.25GW.
● Hari path – An app “Harit Path” was developed by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to monitor the location, maintenance activities, and performance of all its plantation projects along National Highways.
● Red Rebel Brigade – Activists from the climate change protest group Extinction Rebellion, dressed in red robes and known as the ‘Red Brigade’.
● Spotlight initiative – The Spotlight Initiative is a global, multi-year partnership between the European Union and the United Nations to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls.
● Zircon – Russia tested a Hypersonic Missile called Zircon (Tsirkon).
● Bitcoin city – El Salvador, the only country to recognise Bitcoin as a legal tender. It plans to build the world’s first “Bitcoin City”. It would be funded with the issuance of a $1 billion Bitcoin Bond. The city will be located along the Gulf of Fonseca near the Conchagua volcano.
● Bharat Gaurav trains – The Government will launch “Bharat Gaurav trains” to boost tourism. A set of around 190 theme-based trains called Bharat Gaurav trains will soon be launched, Union Minister of Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw said. These trains will showcase India’s culture and heritage.
Highest war time gallantry awards in India.
• Param Vir Chakra is India’s highest war time gallantry award.
• Maha Vir Chakra is the second highest war time gallantry award.
• Vir Chakra is the third highest war time gallantry award.
● Glasgow glacier – A previously unnamed glacier in West Antarctica is to be called “Glasgow Glacier” to mark the Scottish city’s hosting of the COP26 climate meeting.
● Indrajaal – India’s first indigenous drone defence dome. It was designed and developed by Grene Robotics, a Hyderabad-based technology R&D firm.
● Omicron – It’s a variant of Coronavirus. It was found in South Africa. [B.1.1.529]