The River Poem from 9th English
- The River Poem from 9th English is provided here.
- By Caroline Ann Bowles
River, river, little river!
Bright you sparkle on your way;
O’er the yellow pebbles dancing,
Through the flowers and foliage glancing,
Like a child at play.
River, river! Swelling river!
On you rush through rough and smooth;
Louder, faster, brawling, leaping.
Over rocks, by rose-banks, sweeping
Like impetuous youth.
River, river! Brimming river!
Broad and deep, and still as time;
Seeming still, yet still in motion,
Tending onward to the ocean,
Just like mortal prime.
River, river! Headlong river!
Down you dash into the sea,
Sea that line hath never sounded,
Sea that sail hath never rounded,
About the poet
- Caroline Ann Bowles (1786-1854) was an English poet and the wife of Robert Southey, the poet laureate of Britain.
- She was a poet of great merit and produced some of the best work at the threshold of the Victorian era.
- She wrote various other works including ‘The Little Ladybird’, ‘Chapter on Churchyard’ and ‘Tales of
In this video, you will get a Complete Explanation, Figure of Speech and Appreciation Questions.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
- TNPSC General English Synonyms PDF
- TNPSC General English Where to Study PDF
- Life Poem from 10th English
- I am Every Woman Poem from 10th English
- The Secret of the Machines from 10th English
- The Ant and the Cricket from 10th English
- No Men are Foreign from 10th English
- The House on Elm Street from 10th English
- TNPSC Prefix and Suffix Study Material pdf
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening from 9th English
- A Poison Tree from 9th English
- On Killing a Tree from 9th English
- The Spider and the Fly from 9th English