10th & 11th January 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
10th & 11th January 2022 Current Affairs is provided below.
1. India’s 1st Heli-Hub:
- The government of Haryana gets India’s 1st ever Heli hub in Gurugram.
- In collaboration with the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
2. International Craft Award:
- Won by Kerala Arts and Crafts Village Organization.
- For the best craft village in the world by the world crafts council international.
3. Pakistan appoints women as the judge of the supreme court.
- Lahore high court judge Ayesha Malik to the apex court.
- 1st ever woman appointed to the supreme court.
4. Miss Trans Global 2021:
- Kerala’s Sruthy Sitara was crowned.
5. Mera Gaon, Meri Dharohar:
- It is the first-ever cultural survey of India’s villages.
- It will document the cultural identity at the village level.
- The government promoted common service centres special purpose vehicles in collaboration with the ministry of culture.
6. Mobile Honey Processing van:
- Launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
- Launched at Sirora in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- HQ: Mumbai
- Under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
7. World Hindi Day:
- Observed on January 10th.
- Also known as Vishwa Hindi Diwas.
- 1st world Hindi conference on 10th January 1975 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Inaugurated by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- New Covid variant called ‘Deltacron’.
- Detected in Cyprus.
- Combining both Delta and Omicron
9. Ex-RBI governor Urjit Patel:
- He has been appointed as a vice president of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
- 104 Members
- Q: Beijing, China.
- China – largest shareholder; India – 2nd largest shareholder
- Est: 2016
10. RBI sets up a separate department for Fintech:
- Fintech – Financial technology
- All matters related to inter-regulatory and international coordination.
- It will deal with all matters related to the facilitation of constructive innovations and incubations in the fintech sector.
- EST: April 1, 1935
- Q : Mumbai
- Governor : Shaktikanta Das
11. New Secretary-General for OPEC:
- OPEC – Organization of the petroleum exporting countries.
- Kuwait’s Haitham Al Ghais as new secretary-general.
- Permanent, an intergovernmental organization.
- Created at the Baghdad conference in 1960.
- 13 Members
- Q: Vienna, Austria
12. 1st on-site evidence of water on Moon’s Surface:
- China’s Chang’e 5 lunar probe found it.
- It is China’s first lunar sample-return mission.
13. India’s 73rd Chess Grandmaster:
- 14-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam from Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- During the Vergani cup open 2022 in Cattolica, Italy.
14. NIA Branches:
- The centre has a nod to set up the 6 new branches of the National Investigation Team.
- They are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Patna, Jaipur, Bhopal, and Bhubaneswar.
- It is India’s counter-terrorism task force.
- Est: 2009
- It was set up after the deadly terror attack on 26/11 in Mumbai.
- Under the Ministry of Home affairs.
15. Odisha government extends maternity leave benefits from 90 days to 180 days.
16. 2021 – 5th Hottest Year:
- Report by European Union.
- Slightly hotter than 2015 and 2018.
- Atmospheric methane increased by a record amount in 2021 to 1,876 parts per billion.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH