10th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
10th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. World Mental Health Day:
- Observed on 10th October
- Theme 2022 – “Make Mental Health & Well-being for all a global priority”
2. Nobel Prize in Economics 2022:
- BEN BERNANKE, DOUGLAS DIAMOND, PHILIP DYBVIG
- For banks and the financial crisis.
- They have significantly improved our understanding of the role of banks in the economy, particularly during financial crises.
- An important finding in their research is why avoiding bank collapses is vital.
3. Hanging Solar Fence – Odisha:
- To prevent elephant deaths after being run over by trains.
- The state forest department has now opted for installing hanging solar fencing along railway tracks passing through elephant corridors to deter wild pachyderms from venturing near railway lines and highways.
4. Indian Road Congress – Lucknow:
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari and Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the 81st annual session of the Indian road Congress in Lucknow.
- On occasion, Mr Gadkari also made the announcement that road projects worth eight thousand crore rupees have been approved for Uttar Pradesh.
5. Water Sports Center – Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh:
- It will be dedicated to training athletes in water sports like Rowing, Canoeing and Kayaking.
- The Water Sports Centre, the very first of its kind in Himachal Pradesh, has been jointly initiated by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
6. India’s 1st 24×7 Solar Powered Village – Modhera, Gujarat:
- In the village, a ground-mounted solar power plant, and over 1,300 rooftop solar systems have been installed on houses to generate electricity.
- Both the central and state governments have invested over ₹80 crores in this project.
7. 18th Meeting of Stockholm Convention:
- The 18th meeting of the Persistent Organic Pollutants Review Committee to the Stockholm Convention was held in ROME, ITALY.
- It included 5 more chemicals in the list.
- They are Chlorpyrifos, Chlorinated paraffin, long-chain perfluoro carboxylic acids, dechlorane plus, and UV-328.
8. Mangalyaan Mission Completed:
- India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) has retired after 8 long years of work on the interplanetary mission.
- It was launched in November 2013.
- The mission was a huge milestone which helped to study Martian landscapes including surface geology, morphology, atmospheric processes, surface temperature and atmospheric escape process.
- Before India’s Mangalyaan, only the US, Soviet Union and European Space Agency had explored Mars.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH