9th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
9th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. The abundance of Sodium on the Moon – Chandrayaan 2:
- Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter’s X-ray spectrometer ‘Chandrayaan-2 Large Area Soft X-ray Spectrometer (CLASS)’ has mapped an abundance of sodium on the moon for the first time, as per the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- As Chandrayaan-1’s X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (C1XS) detected sodium from its characteristic line in X-rays, this opened up the possibility of mapping the amount of sodium on the Moon.
- Chandrayaan – 2 was launched in 2019.
2. World Billiards Championships Title – Pankaj Advani:
- Indian cueist, Pankaj Advani defended his World Billiards Championships title for the 5th time, beating compatriot Sourav Kothari in the best-of-7 frames final at the HIGH-END SNOOKER CLUB IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA for a record 25th title at the global level.
3. Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Day:
- Observed on 9th October.
- On 9 October 1946, the Indian government established the Indian Foreign Service for India’s diplomatic, consular and commercial representation overseas.
4. Financing Platform – launched by IFC:
- The INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank, has introduced a new, $6 billion funding facility to boost the private sector’s capacity TO RESPOND TO THE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS AND AID IN FOOD PRODUCTION IN RESPONSE TO MOUNTING FOOD INSECURITY.
- Rising levels of hunger and malnutrition (Global Food Crisis) have already been made worse by climate change and increasingly extreme weather events that are destroying harvests and lowering yields. The conflict in Ukraine and an unequal worldwide recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic have exacerbated this trend.
- The Financing Platform Launched by IFC will add to the World Bank‘s $30 billion pledge to address the food crisis.
5. World Post Day:
- Observed on 9th October
- The anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union was in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
- Theme 2022 – “Post for Planet”
6. Education 4.0 India Report – WEF:
- The report released by the World Economic Forum.
- The report identifies gaps and suggests interventions under four themes – Foundational literacy and numeracy, teacher professional development, School to Work (S2W) transition and connecting the unconnected.
- The term “School to Work (S2W) transition” refers to the process of preparing students job-ready in a rapidly changing labour market.
- There are more than 60 million secondary and higher secondary students in India, yet only 85% of schools have included Vocational courses in their curriculum.
7. UNESCO – MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference:
- Held in MEXICO.
- At the conference, culture ministers of more than 100 countries participated in this multilateral forum to decide on the global discourse.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH