11th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
11th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. 14th India – UAE Joint Commission Meeting:
- Held in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- The MoU was signed between the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) and the International Fund for Houbara Conservation for the conservation of the Great Indian Bustard and the Lesser Florican.
- Both nations reviewed the ongoing discussions between the two sides in the area of food security, including in the I2U2 framework.
- I2U2 is the formation of 4 nations – India, Israel, UAE and the United States.
- UAE is India’s 3rd largest trade partner and 2nd largest export destination.
2. Former Navy Chief Sunil Lanba received Meritorious Service Medal from the Singapore government:
- He was conferred the prestigious Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera)e., Meritorious Service Medal from the government of Singapore.
3. UN New Human Rights Chief:
- Austria’s Volker Turk has been appointed the new chief of UN Human Rights.
- HQ – Geneva, Switzerland
- Year – 1993
4. Minuteman III:
- It is an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
- Successfully tested by the US military.
- It is also called as LGM-30G (Launched Surface Attack Guided Missile)
5. Two new “Super Earth” Planets discovered:
- SPECULOOS-2 which is the 2nd coolest star discovered to have planets after the famous TRAPPIST-1.
- It is 30% larger than the earth.
- The second planet SPECULOOS-2c is about 40% larger than the earth and completes the orbit in around 8.5 Earth days.
- Both are located about 100 light years from earth.
6. Books & Authors:
- “Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story”
- Authored by journalist Pavan C Lall.
7. International Day to Protect Education from Attack:
- Observed on 9th September every year.
- Observed since 2020
- The day aims to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in war affected countries.
8. Justice KN Singh, who had the shortest tenure as CJI, passes away:
- Former Chief Justice of India Kamal Narain Singh, who remained Chief Justice of India (CJI) for the shortest period of 18 days in 1991, passed away.
- Justice KN Singh was appointed as the 22nd CJI on 25 November 1991 & he retired on 12 December 1991.
- Justice YV Chandrachud (16th CJI) had the longest tenure (7 Years, 4 Months & 20 days) as CJI till today.
9. Himalaya Diwas 2022:
- Observed on 9th September
- Organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- Theme : “Himalayas will be safe only when the interests of its residents are protected”
10. World Suicide Prevention Day:
- Observed on 10th September
- Theme 2022 – “Creating Hope through Action”
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE