12th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
12th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022:
- The 50th festival began at Imphal, Manipur’s capital.
- Shumang Leela is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur, which is performed by either all female or all male performers. (Shumang menas courtyard and Leela means play)
- Female artists play the male characters and male artists play the female roles.
2. Delhi Police – 1st Police force in the country to make forensic probe mandatory:
- Make a collection of forensic evidence mandatory in crimes punishable by more than six years.
- It aims to boost the conviction rate and integrate the criminal justice system with forensic science investigation.
3. Chief Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed as Chairman of PMLA appellate tribunal:
- PMLA – Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- To prevent money laundering and to provide for confiscation of property derived from money laundering.
- It came into force on 1st July 2005
4. Third stealth frigate of project 17A ‘Taragiri’ launched:
- Launched in Mumbai by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders ltd.,
- The ship has been built using an integrated construction methodology which involves hull block construction in different geographical locations and integration and erection on the slipway.
5. ‘Gagan Strike’:
- The joint exercise was conducted by the Indian Army and Indian Air force.
- Held in Punjab.
6. World Dairy Summit 2022 :
- Inaugurated by PM Modi
- Held at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- India has the largest milk producer in the world contributing 23% of global milk production.
- The top 3 milk Producing states – are Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Women have 70% representation in the workforce in India’s Dairy Sector.
- India is planning to vaccinate 100% of the animals against Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis by 2025.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) had developed its indigenously-developed vaccine Lumpi-ProVacInd against the Lumpy Skin Disease (LSD) virus.
- Lumpy skin disease is a viral disease that affects cattle. It is transmitted by blood-feeding insects, such as certain species of flies and mosquitoes, or ticks.
7. Agnikul Cosmos secured the first patent for a 3D-printed rocket engine:
- Agnikul Cosmos is one of India’s private space startups.
- The patent has been rewarded to the company for its Agnilet rocket engine.
- Agnilet, one such single-piece engine, is the world’s first single-piece 3D printed rocket engine fully designed and manufactured in India.
8. Books & Authors:
- “Crimson Spring”
- Authored by Navtej Sarna.
- It starts with the Jalianwalla Bagh massacre that took place on April 13, 1919, and goes back and forth in time to bring that era and the aftermath of the event alive.
9. UN Day for South-South Cooperation:
- Observed on 12th September.
- The day aims at spreading awareness of the social, economic, and political developments made in the Southern region.
10. National Forest Martyrs Day:
- Observed on 11th September.
- To pay tribute to those who sacrificed their lives to protect forests and wildlife.
11. World First Aid Day:
- Observed 2nd Saturday of September.
- This year, the day falls on 10th September.
- Theme 2022 – “Lifelong First Aid Learning”
- To promote the significance of first aid, which is an important fundamental skill, and to create awareness on a global level about how it can save precious lives.
12. 125th birth anniversary of Acharya Vinoba Bhave:
- 11th September 1895 – 15th November 1982
- Vinayak Narahari also known as Vinoba Bhave was an Indian advocate of non-violence and Human Rights.
- He is known for starting the ‘Bhoodan’ (gift of land) movement in India.
- He is considered the National Teacher of India and the spiritual successor of Mahatma Gandhi.
- He translated Bhagavad Gita into the Marathi language Under the title “Geetai”.
- About Bhoodan Movement (Land Gift movement):
- Also known as the ‘Bloodless Revolution’, was a voluntary land reform movement in India.
- It was initiated in 1951 at Pochampally village, in Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE