12th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
12th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. World Arthritis Day:
- Observed on 12th October
- Theme 2022 – “It’s in your hands, take action”
- It is a global health awareness event that helps create awareness about rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
2. IBSAMAR VII:
- It is a joint multinational maritime exercise among Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
- Held at Port Gqebera (also known as Port Elizabeth) in South Africa.
- The Indian Navy was represented in it by the guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and MARCOS special forces.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS New Delhi is developing an Artificial Intelligence enabled device named Colposcope.
- It will be used for the screening of cervical cancer in women.
- Cervical cancer occurs due to Human Papillomavirus, HPV infection.
- Every year, an estimated 1,20,000 women develop cervical cancer and over 77,000 women die due to this disease in India.
4. “Football for All” – Initiative in Odisha:
- India’s first FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) initiative.
- To promote football among school children in Odisha.
- The initiative will help football development in India and prepare athletes for the World Cup.
- The programme will provide life-skill support to children.
5. Liquefied Compressed Natural Gas Station – in Tamil Nadu:
- Launched near Manthangal Village in the RANIPET district of Tamil Nadu.
- First of its kind in Tamil Nadu.
- The unit will benefit over 30,000 households and 325 industrial and commercial establishments with the capacity to handle 100 tonnes of gas per day and will serve customers across the Vellore, Ranipet and Tirupattur districts of Tamil Nadu.
6. 50th CJI:
- Chief Justice of India U.U. Lalit nominated Justice D.Y. CHANDRACHUD as his successor.
- PROCESS OF APPOINTMENT:
- The ‘Memorandum of Procedure of Appointment of Supreme Court Judges’ States that the senior most judge of the Supreme Court who is fit to hold the office should be appointed to the office of the Chief Justice of India.
- The process of appointment initiates with the Union Law Minister seeking the recommendation of the outgoing CJI about the next appointment.
- Article 124 of the Constitution of India provides for the manner of appointing judges to the Supreme Court.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE