13th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
13th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. India’s first Slender Loris Sanctuary – Tamil Nadu:
- The Tamil Nadu government has notified the first Indian sanctuary for the ENDANGERED Slender Loris in the Karur and Dindigul districts of the state.
- A total of 11,806 hectares in the forest areas of the KARUR AND DINDIGUL DISTRICTS will be merged to form the KADAVUR SLENDER LORIS SANCTUARY.
- Slender Lorises are also protected under SCHEDULE I of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
2. Kuafu-1: China’s Solar Observatory:
- China successfully launched its first comprehensive space-based solar telescope called the Advanced Space-based Solar Observatory (ASO-S).
- It has been nicknamed ‘Kuafu-1’ & it will provide insights into how the Sun’s magnetic field causes coronal mass ejections (CMEs).
- India is also planning to launch a similar mission called Aditya-L1 by 2023, to study the solar atmosphere.
3. Exercise Prasthan:
- The INDIAN NAVY conducted a security exercise, called “Prasthan”, in the Offshore Development Area (ODA) off Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh on 12th Oct 2022.
- The exercise, conducted by Eastern Naval Command, is held every 6 months.
- It is coordinated by the Indian Navy & involves all stakeholders in the maritime domain, including oil & gas operators, State Marine Police & the Indian Coast Guard.
4. World Sight Day:
- Observed on the second Thursday of October.
- This year, it is being observed on 13th October.
- Theme 2022 – “Love Your Eyes”
5. Conference of Power and Renewable Energy Ministers:
- Held in Udaipur, RAJASTHAN.
- The conference will discuss emerging issues in the power sector.
6. RBI raises MCR:
- The Reserve Bank raised the MINIMUM CAPITAL REQUIREMENT (MCR) for setting up an asset reconstruction company (ARC) TO RS 300 CRORE FROM THE EXISTING RS 100 CRORE with an aim to strengthen the securitisation sector which plays a vital role in the management of distressed financial assets.
- An Asset Reconstruction Company is a specialized financial institution that buys NPAs or bad assets from banks and financial institutions so that the latter can clean up their balance sheets.
7. International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction:
- Observed on 13th October.
- In 2022, the International Day will focus on the Target of the SENDAI FRAMEWORK: “Substantially increase the availability of and access to multi-hazard early warning systems and disaster risk information and assessments to people by 2030.”
- Theme 2022 – “Early Warning for All”
8. Various Agencies of India’s GDP Forecast for FY23:
|Bank/Institution||New Forecast||Earlier Forecast|
|Asian Development Bank (ADB)||7%||7.2%|
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE