14th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
14th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. International E-Waste Day:
- Observed on 14th October
- Theme 2022 – “Recycle it all, no matter how small!”
- According to the Global E-waste Monitor 2020, the world generated 53.6 Mt of e-waste in 2019.
2. Decline in Wildlife Populations:
- Wildlife populations monitored across the globe have declined by a massive 69% between 1970 & 2018, according to the World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF) Living Planet Report 2022.
- Wildlife populations have dipped by 66% in Africa & 55% in the Asia Pacific.
- Freshwater populations have declined by 83%.
- The report said the main drivers of this decline are HABITAT DEGRADATION AND CLIMATE CHANGE.
3. Supercomputer facility at IIT Guwahati:
- The President has inaugurated a supercomputer facility ‘PARAM KAMRUPA’ at IIT Guwahati.
- The Param Kamrupa, one of its kind supercomputers in the NorthEast region, will be able to conduct advanced research in various scientific fields.
- The President also inaugurated a high-power active and passive component laboratory called ‘SAMEER’ at the institute.
4. 12th DefExpo – Gandhinagar, GJ:
- The Defence Ministry will organise the 12th edition of the prestigious Biennial Defence Exhibition in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- It will focus on Land, Air, Naval and Homeland Security systems.
- This edition of the DefExpo will be the first-ever edition exclusively for Indian companies.
- The theme for the DefExpo 2022 is ‘Path to Pride’.
5. 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas – Indore:
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention will be held in INDORE, MADHYA PRADESH in January 2023.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated every year on 9TH JANUARY to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community in the development of India.
- The 16th PBD was held in January 2019 at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The first Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was held in 2003 in New Delhi.
6. “Assessment of Lead Impact on Human and India’s Response” – Report:
- Jointly prepared by NITI Aayog and CSIR.
- The report found that India bears the world’s highest health and economic burden due to LEAD POISONING.
- In India, the prevalence of lead poisoning is in 23 states with people having an average Blood Lead Level (BLL) that exceeds 5 𝜇g per decilitre and 4.9 𝜇g per decilitre for children less than two years old.
- India accounts for 26% of global deaths due to lead exposure every year and 50% of children are with elevated blood lead levels globally.
- Lead is found in adulterated spices, cookware, paint, traditional medicines, cosmetics and in the recycling of lead acid batteries.
- Lead Poisoning in children will eventually result in hampered brain development, damage to the central nervous system, loss of intelligence up to 5 Intelligence Quotient (IQ) points, attention deficit disorders and lower education attainment.
- EFFECTIVE WAYS TO REDUCE NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF LEAD POISONING:
- Identifying at-risk populations through BLL monitoring, undertake targeted research and intervention studies to identify potential new sources that can be addressed by the policymakers and the scientific community.
7. Book & Author:
- ‘Pandemic Disruptions and Odisha’s Lessons in Governance’
- Authored by AMAR PATNAIK
8. ‘Matdata Junction’ – Awareness Program of ECI:
- It is a voter awareness program.
- It is a 52 episode radio series produced by the Election Commission of India in collaboration with All India Radio.
- The program aims to connect with the voters across the country with the help of radio.
9. Aparajita Sarangi elected to IPU Executive Committee:
- Aparajita Sarangi has been elected to the executive committee of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU) held in KIGALI, REPUBLIC OF RWANDA.
- About IPU: The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) is an international organization of National Parliaments.
- Its primary purpose is to promote Democratic Governance, Accountability, and Cooperation among its members.
- Other initiatives include advancing gender parity among legislatures, empowering youth participation in politics, and Sustainable development.
10. India’s first Green Technology Incubation Facility was opened at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), SRINAGAR.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH