15th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
15th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. First Inter modal digital TIR-based Transport flags off from India to Iran:
- TIR – International Road Transport
- Flagged off from Nhava Sheva (Jawaharlal Port), Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It aims to facilitate paperless cross-border transit under the customs guarantee of TIR systems.
2. New MD of CSC SPV e-Governance India:
- Sanjay Kumar Rakesh has been appointed the new managing director of Common Service Centre Special Purpose Vehicle, e-Governance India.
- He succeeded Dinesh Tyagi
3. Books & Authors:
- “Rajini’s Mantras: Life lessons from India’s most loved superstar”
- Authored by P C Balasubramanian
4. Indore to become the country’s first ‘Smart City’ with ‘Smart Addresses’:
- With Indore becoming the first city with a digital address system, opportunities increase for startups to improve upon their mapping, geo-fencing, and last-mile physical & drone delivery services.
5. World’s largest museum of Harappan culture – Rakhigarhi, Haryana:
- To showcase about 5,000-year-old Indus Valley artefacts.
- The village of Rakhigarhi was part of the Indus Valley Civilisation from 2600-1900 BC.
- Rakhigarhi is a hamlet in Haryana’s Hisar district, some 150 kilometres from Delhi.
6. World Water Congress and Exhibition 2022:
- Held at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- India has launched a Joint Whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’, with Denmark at this exhibition.
- The Whitepaper aims to holistic capture the current status of wastewater treatment in India.
- India has committed an investment of more than 140 billion dollars by 2024 in the water sector.
7. ‘Vinesh Phogat’ wins bronze in World Wrestling Championships:
- Defeated European Champion Emma Malmgren of Sweden in the women’s 53kg category.
- She became the first Indian woman wrestler to win two medals at the World Championship.
8. International Day of Democracy:
- Observed on 15th September
- Theme 2022: “Importance of media freedom to democracy, peace, and delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”
9. National Engineer’s Day:
- Observed on 15th September
- This day commemorates the birth anniversary of Sir ‘MokshaGundam Visvesvaraya’, who is considered one of the greatest engineers of India.
- His notable works: Reconstructing India, Planned Economy of India.
- He was awarded a knighthood in 1915 while serving as the Diwan of Mysore and received Bharat Ratna in 1955.
- He was born on 15th September 1861 in Karnataka.
- Students in Responsible Police Initiatives
- Launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- For students of 100 state-run schools which would benefit around 5,000 students.
- It aims to inculcate discipline and social awareness among students.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE