16th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
16th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. World Food Day 2022:
- Observed on 16th October by the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
- Theme 2022 – “Leave NO ONE behind”
2. Book & Author:
- “The Philosophy of Modern Song”
- Authored by BOB DYLAN
3. Public Affairs Index 2022:
- HARYANA – Top position in the category of Big States.
- The state has emerged at the forefront of social, economic and political justice themes.
- It is followed by TAMIL NADU, KERALA AND CHHATTISGARH.
- SIKKIM – Top position in the category of Small States.
4. Tamil Nadu is the only State to achieve the Jal Jeevan Mission target for 2022:
- Tamil Nadu has emerged as the only state in India which has achieved the target for 2022 Q1 and Q2 for Jal Jeevan Mission, with 69.57 lakh households provided with tap connections.
- Jal Jeevan Mission for assured portable Tap water supply to every rural household by 2024.
- The mission was launched in 2019.
- Out of 1.25 crore households in Tamil Nadu, 69.57 lakh households have received tap water connections in Tamil Nadu.
- The percentage of households with tap water connections is higher than the national average.
- World Water Day – 22nd March.
5. First Suspension bridge across Krishna River:
- The central government has approved the construction of an iconic cable stayed-cum-suspension bridge across the Krishna river connecting Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and passing through the Nallamala forest range.
6. Exercise “Steadfast Noon”:
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), also called the North Atlantic Alliance, announced it had started its annual nuclear exercise code-named “Steadfast Noon”.
- The week-long exercise takes place over Southern Europe and involves aircraft and personnel from 14 NATO countries.
7. India Stands 3rd in the World in Terms of Fish Production:
- India is the 3rd largest fish producing and 2nd largest aquaculture nation after China.
- The vision is to bring about the Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector.
- The main motto of PMMSY (Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana) is ‘Reform, Perform and Transform’ the fisheries sector.
- The PMMSY is an umbrella scheme with two separate components – Central Sector Scheme and the Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH