24th February 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
24th February 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Ministry of Education approves extension of National Means cum Merit Scholarship (NMMSS) for 5 years:
- From 2021-22 to 2025-26
- To award economically weaker students who are meritorious in order to reduce dropouts at the 8th grade and to encourage them to continue their education at a secondary stage.
- The income ceiling for scholarships has been changed from Rs.1.5lakh per annum to Rs.3.5 lakh per annum.
2. Upper Bhadra Project:
- The Centre gives National status to this project.
- It is a major lift irrigation scheme under implementation in the central region of Karnataka.
- To provide a sustainable irrigation facility in the Kharif season and to recharge the groundwater table with fewer chemical contaminants like Flouride.
3. 6th Anniversary of SPMRM:
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission was undertaken by the Ministry of Rural Development..
- Launched on 21st February 2016
- To develop 300 Rurban clusters in India by provisioning economic, social and physical infrastructure facilities.
- A Rurban cluster is a cluster of geographically contiguous villages with a population of around 25,000 to 50,000 in plain and coastal areas and with a population of 5000 to 15000 in desert, hilly or tribal areas.
4. Project Arohan:
- Launched by the Government of Assam
- 4-year mentorship programme
- To mentor the students of Assam and to hone their skills.
5. India to set up its first IIT outside the country in UAE:
- The Indian Institute of Technology will establish its first branch outside India in the United Arab Emirates as part of India – UAE trade deal signed.
- The two nations will also set up an India – UAE cultural council to facilitate and promote cultural projects, cross-cultural exchanges and exhibitions.
6. Nagaland is all set to host the South Asian Athletic Federation (SAAF) cross country championship and 56th National Cross-Country athletics championships from 26th March.
7. Reliance Jio’s New Subsea Cable ‘India-Asia-Xpress’ to connect the Maldives:
- Undersea cable systems along with data centres support 5G and the digital economy that builds large integrated capacities to enable India’s digital ecosystem.
- It will provide more than 200Tb/s of capacity at speeds of 100Gb/s over 16,000 kilometres.
8. Janbhagidari Empowerment:
- Launched by the Central government
- In the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in line with the government’s digital mission.
- It is a one-stop interactive and user-friendly digital platform that provides easy and ready accessibility to the general public.
- It provides detailed insights to people into nature, status as well as the number of developmental works that are being executed in their areas.
9. Finance Ministry’s Principal Economic Advisor Sanjeev Sanyal has been inducted as a full-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
10. Museum of Future:
- Dubai opened its Museum of Future which is called the world’s most beautiful building.
- It is a seven-storey hollow silver ellipse decorated with Arabic calligraphy quotes from Dubai’s ruler.
11. Central Excise Day:
- Celebrated on 24th February.
- To mark the central excise and salt act which was enacted on 24th February 1944.
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (erstwhile Central Board of Excise and Customs) is part of the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance.
12. Sustainable Cities India Program:
- Jointly designed by the World Economic Forum and National Institute of Urban Affairs.
- To help Indian cities meet net-zero goals.
- It will create an enabling environment for Indian cities to decarbonize to achieve greater climate resilience.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH