26th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
26th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Sahitya Akademi announces Winners of Tamil Nadu:
|S.No.||Awards||Winners||Literature / Work|
|1.||Yuva Puraskar 2022||P. Kalimuthu||Thanithirukkum Araligalin Madhiyam|
|2.||Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2022||G. Meenakshi||Mallikavin Veedu|
About Sahitya Akademi Awards:
- It is the second-highest literary honour by the Government of India, after the Jnanpith award.
- The award was established on March 12, 1954.
- It has recognised 24 languages (22 languages enumerated in the Constitution of India, English and Rajasthani)
- Also known as India’s National Academy of Letters.
- Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar is given to an author based on his/her total contribution to children’s literature.
- Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar relates to books published by an author of the age of 35 and below.
2. Books & Authors:
|1.||“A New India: Selected Writings 2014-19”||Arun Jaitley (Published Posthumously)|
|2.||“Gambling on Development”||Stefan Dercon|
|3.||“Lies Our Mothers Told Us”||Nilanjana Bhowmick|
3. New DRDO Chairman:
- Samir V Kamat has been appointed.
- He replaced G Satheesh Reddy who had been named scientific adviser to the Defense Minister.
- DRDO – Defense Research and Development Organisation.
- Estb – 1958
4. India’s Clean Air Summit:
- Begins in Bengaluru.
- 4th edition
- With the help of India’s Clean Air Summit, global experts are set to discuss an integrated approach to resolving air pollution and increasing climate change.
5. Women’s Equality Day:
- Observed on August 26
- Observed since 1973
- Theme 2022: “Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow”
- On this day, the United States gave women the right to vote.
6. Footwear and Leather Products Policy 2022:
- Unveiled by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- It is aimed at attracting Rs. 20,000 crore investment in the leather sector by 2025 and in creating employment opportunities for 2 lakh people.
- TN CM laid the foundation Stone for the mega footwear manufacturing Park at Panapakkam, Ranipet.
- Tamil Nadu contributes 26% to the national manufacturing output and 48% of the national exports in the footwear segment.
7. 65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference:
- Held at Halifax in Canada.
- An Indian Parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH