27th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
27th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. State Level Credit Guarantee Scheme:
- Launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- To help MSMEs
- Launched at Regional MSME Meet in Tirupur.
- MSME Trade and Investment Promotion Bureau has been renamed FaMe-TN (Facilitating MSMEs of Tamil Nadu)
- Tamil Nadu Coir Business Development Corporation, Coimbatore was virtually inaugurated.
- Tamil Nadu Coir Business Development Corporation focuses on establishing new coir clusters, connecting with international customers, establishing research and development centres, and fostering industry-academia collaboration.
2. NASA’s Artemis 1 mission to the Moon:
- The spacecraft is scheduled to travel to the Moon, deploy some small satellites and then settle into orbit.
- Artemis 1 is going to be the first flight of the new Space Launch System.
- It will be the most powerful rocket engine ever flown to space, even more, powerful than Apollo’s Saturn V system.
3. Best Aspirational District:
- Haridwar, Uttarakhand has been declared.
- Declared by NITI Aayog
- The first rank in basic infrastructure theme and thus has become entitled to receive an additional allocation of Rs. 3 crores from the Central Govt.
- The aspirational Districts Programme was launched in 2018.
- It aims to effectively transform the 112 most under-developed districts across the country.
4. Anang Tal Lake:
- It is in South Delhi
- It has been declared a monument of national importance.
- It was built by the 11th Century Tomar king Anang Pal Tomar.
- The Monuments of National Importance are designated by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- Once designated, the ASI restricts construction activity in the site’s vicinity.
5. India’s first 3D Printed Post Office to come up in Bengaluru:
- It is expected to cut construction costs down to one-fourth the amount spent on a traditional model.
- It is being constructed by L&T in Halasuru, Bengaluru.
- L&T is the only company currently in India utilising 3D printing technology for construction.
6. “One Nation One Fertilizer”:
- The government has issued an order requiring all businesses to market their goods under the brand name “Bharat” in order to standardize fertiliser brands across the nation.
- According to the One Nation One Fertilizer order, irrespective of the company that manufactures it, whether in the public or private sector, all fertiliser bags, whether containing urea, di-ammonium phosphate (DAP), Muriate of potash (MOP), or NPK, will sport the brand name “Bharat Urea,” “Bharat DAP,” “Bharat MOP,” and “Bharat NPK.”
7. UEFA Awards 2022:
- UEFA Men’s Player – Karim Benzema
- UEFA Women’s Player – Alexia Putellas
- The ceremony was held in Istanbul, Turkey.
8. SCO Defense Minister Meeting:
- It will be held in
- It is also called as Shanghai Pact, which is a Eurasian Political, economic and security alliance.
- SCO Members – Totally 8 Countries. They are India, Russia, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
- SCO Estb. on 2001
- SCO H.Q – Beijing, China
9. Tamil Nadu records High Paddy Production:
- It has reached a 20-year high of 1.22 crore tonnes in 2022-2023 from 1.04 crore tonnes the previous year with an increase of 18 lakh tonnes.
- TN – 3rd State after Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh to present a separate Agricultural Budget.
- Samba and Kuruvai Package Scheme was implemented in the Delta districts which helped in increasing the Paddy Production.
- Kuruvai Package Scheme – containing Urea, ATP & Potassium fertilizers sold for Rs.100 to the farmers.
- To further increase Agricultural Production, a 50% subsidy on traditional Paddy Seeds will be distributed to farmers.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH