26th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
26th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. “Dare2eraD TB”:
- Data-Driven Research to eradicate TB.
- Launched by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- This programme will be based on Indian data, and the formation of a Genome Sequencing Consortium for Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) TB surveillance.
- It was launched during the “STEP up to End TB 2022” summit organised on the occasion of World TB Day (24th March)
- India aims to reach the goal of a TB Mukt Bharat (TB free India) by 2025, 5 years ahead of the target set by SDG 2030.
2. Reserve Bank Innovation Hub:
- Launched in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Set up as a section 8 company under Companies Act, 2013.
- Initial capital contribution of Rs. 100 crore and a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBI.
- Kris Gopalakrishnan has been appointed the first chairman.
- The hub aims to promote innovation across the financial sector by leveraging technology.
3. Global Medicine Centre:
- WHO and the government of India signed an agreement to establish a Global Centre for Traditional Medicine(GCTM) at Jamnagar, Gujarat with its interim office at the Institute of Training and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA) in Gujarat.
- The primary objective of GCTM is to harness the potential of traditional medicine from across the world.
4. Jagadguru Renukacharya Jayanthi:
- The Karnataka government has decided to celebrate.
- He has presented a great epic ‘Siddartha Shikhamani’ to society.
- He preached the ideals of social harmony and brotherhood to the people.
5. New Director-General of ILO:
- Gilbert Houngbo has been appointed.
- He was the former Prime Minister of Togo and will be the 11th head of the agency.
- He is the first African to hold the post.
- His five-year term will begin on October 1, 2022
- Current Director-General: Guy Ryder
- International Labour Organisation
- Estb: 1919
- HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
6. Cabinet approves extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY):
- Extended from April to September 2022 (Phase VI)
- Prime Minister’s Food Security Scheme for the Poor.
- Food security welfare scheme was announced on March 26, 2020, during the Covid 19 pandemic in India.
- The scheme provides 5kg rice or wheat per person and 1kg of dal to each family holding a ration card.
- It is the largest food security program in the world.
- Implemented under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
7. Reduction in Coal import:
- With the considerable increase in domestic coal production, India has achieved a significant reduction in the import of coal despite a surge in power demand.
- Overall Coal Import down to 173.20 MT from April to January 2022 from 207.24 MT during FY2020.
- India is the world’s third-largest energy-consuming country and electricity demand grows by 4.7% each year.
8. Chola-era Pot unearthed near Gangaikondacholapuram:
- Unearthed at Maligaimedu near Gangaikondacholapuram during the second phase of excavation.
- This is the first time that a pot had been unearthed fully during the latest round of excavations.
9. Sujlam 2.0 campaign:
- Launched by the Ministry of Jal Shakthi.
- Theme: “Groundwater: Making the Invisible Visible”
- To manage greywater through people’s participation.
- Greywater is all of the wastewater that drains from your shower and kitchen and bathroom sinks. It has some bacteria but it can be filtered and reused in gardens if done properly. It does not include the wastewater from toilets and washing nappies which is harmful.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH