28th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
28th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Books & Authors:
- “India’s Economy from Nehru to Modi: A Brief History”
- Authored by Pulapre Balakrishnan
2. India’s first Earthquake Memorial:
- Named “Smruti Van”
- Placed at Bhuj, Gujarat.
- Smruti Van is a unique memorial carrying the names of more than 12 thousand people who lost their lives in the devastating earthquake that struck Bhuj in January 2001.
3. SEBI Whole-time Member:
- Professor Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan has been appointed a whole-time member of SEBI.
- About SEBI:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Founded on 12 April 1992
- Q – Mumbai
- Chairperson – Madhabi Puri Buch
4. 8th India International MSME Start-up Expo and Summit 2022:
- Launched by Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha in New Delhi.
- The Summit 2022 gives SMEs, startups, businesses, industries, and service providers a much-needed platform to discover new prospects, connect with buyers and sellers, and exchange information about federal, state, and local programmes, among other things.
- In actuality, standardisation, connectivity, and productivity are the three key elements for the long-term expansion of MSMEs.
- Vocal for Local, District Export Hubs, GeM portal, and market connectivity of domestic & global value chains are all the outcomes of the government’s efforts to guarantee that MSMEs contribute to realising the vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
5. PM Jan Dhan Yojana completes 8 years :
- It is a Financial inclusion program
- Launched on 28th August 2014
- In eight years it has touched the mark of 462.5 million account holders.
- As of 10th August 2022, the deposits in these accounts are to be approximately 1.73 trillion.
- Financial Inclusion stands for the delivery of appropriate financial services at an affordable cost, on a timely basis to vulnerable groups such as low-income groups and weaker sections who lack access to even the most basic banking services.
- Ensure access to financial products & services at an affordable cost
- Use of technology to lower cost & widen reach
Basic tenets of the scheme:
- Banking the unbanked – Opening of basic savings bank deposit (BSBD) account with minimal paperwork, relaxed KYC, e-KYC, account opening in camp mode, zero balance & zero charges
- Securing the unsecured – Issuance of Indigenous Debit cards for cash withdrawals & payments at merchant locations, with free accident insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh
- Funding the unfunded – Other financial products like micro-insurance, overdraft for consumption, micro-pension & micro-credit.
The scheme was launched based upon the following 6 pillars:
- Universal access to banking services.
- Basic savings bank accounts with an overdraft facility of Rs. 10,000/- to every eligible adult.
- Financial Literacy Programme– Promoting savings, use of ATMs, getting ready for credit, availing insurance and pensions, and using basic mobile phones for banking.
- Creation of Credit Guarantee Fund – To provide banks with some guarantee against defaults.
- Insurance – Accident cover up to Rs. 1,00,000 and life cover of 30,000 on an account opened between 15 Aug 2014 to 31 January 2015.
- Pension scheme for the Unorganized sector.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE