4th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
4th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Translocational continent of Cheetah:
- MoU signed between India and Namibia
- Under the project, 8-10 Cheetahs will be flown from Namibia and South Africa and will be introduced at Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
- It is noteworthy that the subspecies of Cheetah which got extinct in India was Asiatic Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus venaticus)
2. ‘NAMASTE’ Scheme:
- National Action Plan for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem
- To achieve zero sanitation fatalities in India and to ensure that all sanitation work is undertaken by skilled workers.
- It is a collaboration between the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
3. Books & Authors:
- “Do Different: The Untold Dhoni”
- Authored by Joy Bhattacharjya and Amit Sinha
4. Chabahar Day:
- Observed on July 31
- To commemorate the Chabahar Link to International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) – Connecting Central Asian Markets
- India’s ambition is to turn Shahid Beheshti Port in Chabahar, Iran into a transit centre and connect it to INSTC to reach out to Central Asian countries.
5. Ramsar sites – India adds 10 new wetlands to the list:
- Total wetlands in India – 64
- The new ten sites include 6 sites in Tamil Nadu
- India is one of the Contracting Parties to the Ramsar Convention, signed in Ramsar, Iran, in 1971. India signed it on 1st Feb 1982.
- The 10 new sites:
|1.||Koonthankulam bird sanctuary (Tirunelveli District)||Tamil Nadu|
|2.||Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve||Tamil Nadu|
|3.||Vembanur wetland complex||Tamil Nadu|
|4.||Vellode Bird Sanctuary (Erode District)||Tamil Nadu|
|5.||Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary (Chengalpattu District)||Tamil Nadu|
|6.||Udayamarthandapuram Bird Sanctuary (Tiruvarur District)||Tamil Nadu|
|9.||Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary||Karnataka|
|10.||Sirpur Wetland||Madhya Pradesh|
- World Wetland Day – February 2
6. Commonwealth Games 2022 – Tejaswin Shankar wins India’s first High Jump Medal.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH