5th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
5th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Union Cabinet approves Sugarcane FRP 2022–23:
- Fair and Remunerative Price
- Approved by the Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by PM Narendra Modi, for a basic recovery rate of 10.2%
- The FRP for sugar season 2022–23 is 2.6% higher than sugar season 2021–22
- The FRP is the government-mandated price that mills must pay to farmers for sugarcane procured from them.
- Sugarcane Control Order 1966, mandates payment within 14 days of the date of delivery of the cane.
- The FRP is based on the recovery of sugar from the cane.
- Higher recovery results in higher FRP and higher sugar production.
- Sugarcane FRP is fixed to ensure Sugarcane growers receive a guaranteed price.
- India is the largest producer and 2nd largest exporter of sugar in the world.
- India has surpassed Brazil in sugar production in the current sugar season 2021–22
- Recently India announced its climate action through five nectar elements known as “Panchamrit” at the COP26 to the UNFCCC, held in Glasgow, United Kingdom, in November 2021.
- The five aspects of India’s climate change efforts include a target of achieving 500GW of non-fossil energy capacity by 2030 and meeting 50% of its energy needs with Renewable Energy by 2030.
2. India’s Commitment under Updated NDC:
- India is now committed to reach about 50% of the total installed capacity of electric power from non-fossil fuel based energy sources by 2030
- To reduce the emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030, compared to 2005 levels.
- Updated NDC will be implemented over the period 2021–2030
- Indian railways alone will reduce emissions by 60 million tonnes annually if it achieves their Net Zero target by 2030.
- India’s massive LED bulb campaign is cutting emissions by 40 million tonnes
- At COP 26, India launched a ‘One Word Movement – LIFE i.e., Lifestyle for Environment
- The NDC for India does not commit the country to any sector-specific mitigation obligations or actions.
3. World’s largest Floating Solar Power Plant:
- It is set to be built on Omkareshwar Dam in Narmada River in Madhya Pradesh.
- It will generate 600 Megawatt Power by 2022–23
4. Udyam Portal:
- Launched on 1st July 2020
- It is linked to the database of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and GSTN.
- It is fully online and does not require any documentation.
- It helps in Ease of Doing Business for MSMEs in India.
5. Sargam Koushal, from Jammu and Kashmir, was crowned as the winner of the Mrs India world 2022–2023.
6. Books & Authors:
- Autobiography “Through the Rear View Mirror”
- Authored by R.A. Narasiah
- R.A. Narasiah, a tamilian born in West Bengal.
- His other books include,
- Kadalodi, Madharasapattinam, Cambodia Ninaivugal, Aalavai and Lettered Dialogue.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH