5th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
5th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. National SC-ST hub conclave:
- Hosted by the Ministry of MSME
- Held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- To raise awareness of the national SC-ST hub scheme and other ministry programmes.
- It is a startup platform for women entrepreneurs created by Gujarat University in Ahmedabad.
- This initiative will link women entrepreneurs with various private and government platforms.
3. UN Nansen Refugee Prize:
- Received by Former German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- She has been awarded for welcoming more than 1.2 million refugees and asylum seekers in Germany in 2015 and 2016.
4. World Teacher’s Day:
- Observed on 5th October
- Theme 2022 – “ The transformation of education begins with teachers”
- Teacher’s Day in India is celebrated on the 5th of September.
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Observed in the month of October from 1 to 31.
- It aims to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
- The pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness.
6. World Animal Day:
- Observed on October 4
- Theme 2022 – “Shared Planet”
7. Vallalar’s 200th Birth Anniversary:
- The Mupperum Vizha commemorates the 200th Birth Anniversary of Vellalar, the 156th year of the establishment of Dharmasalai by Vallalar to feed the poor, and the 152nd year of Jothi Darshanam.
- October 5, 1823, to January 30, 1874
- In 1872, he started the “Sathya Gnana Sabha” (Hall of True Knowledge) at Vadalur.
- One of the primary teachings of Valallar is “Service to Living Beings is the path of Liberation/ Moksha”.
- According to him, God is the “Arul Perum Jothi” who is the personification of Grace or mercy and knowledge
- His Notable Works: He composed 5818 poems and compiled them into “Six ThiruMuraigal ”, under a single book called “Thiruvarutpa ”.
- He wrote the novel ‘Manumurai Kanda Vasagam’, describing the life of Manu Needhi Cholan.
- Jeeva Karunya Ozhukkam is a work emphasizing compassion towards all sentient forms and insisting on a plant-only diet.
- He started the organisation “Samarasa Suddha Sanmarga Sathya Sangam (1872)” which fought against caste discrimination.
8. Nobel Prize for Chemistry:
- Scientists CAROLYN R. BERTOZZI, MORTEN MELDAL and K. BARRY SHARPLESS won the 2022 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for discovering reactions that let molecules snap together to create desired compounds and that offer insight into cell biology.
- Americans Ms Bertozzi and K. Barry Sharpless, together with Denmark’s Mr Meldal, were honoured “for the development of click chemistry and bioorthogonal chemistry”.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH