6th and 7th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
6th and 7th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. Nobel Prize in Literature 2022 – ANNIE ERNAUX:
- French author Annie Ernaux was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature.
- Her most critically acclaimed book was “The Years” (Les annees), published in 2008.
- The prize for 2021 went to Abdulrazak Gurnah, whose novels explore the impact of migration on individuals and societies.
2. India’s Rupay Debit Card in Oman:
- National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) and the Central Bank of Oman have signed a historic MoU to launch the Rupay debit card in Oman.
- India’s Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan witnessed the signing of the MoU.
- He also inaugurated a newly designed library with an aim to provide knowledge resources to the readers.
3. India’s second National Model Vedic School inaugurated in Puri:
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the country’s second Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya (RAVV) in Puri, Odisha.
- The objective of RAAV or National Model Vedic School is to spread knowledge of the Vedas among people & to promote the Sanskrit language as well.
- 1st Vedic School – Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
4. India emerges as the world’s largest producer of sugar:
- India has emerged as the world’s largest producer and consumer of sugar and its second-largest exporter.
- In the sugar season (Oct-Sept) 2021-22, a record of over 5,000 lakh metric tons (LMT) of sugarcane was produced in the country.
- These exports earned foreign currency of about Rs 40,000 crore for the country.
5. ST Status for Pahari Community:
- Union Home Minister announced the Scheduled (ST) Status for the PAHARI COMMUNITY in JAMMU AND KASHMIR.
- They are mostly concentrated in the Pir Panjal Valley and also in some parts of Kashmir Valley including Baramulla, Kupwara, and Uri.
6. 8th World Green Economy Summit:
- Held in DUBAI.
- It is one of the leading global forums on the green economy.
- The summit was held under the theme ‘Climate Action Leadership through Collaboration: The Roadmap to Zero’.
- Launched by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The ‘SupTech’ initiative DAKSH – the bank’s Advanced SUPERVISORY MONITORING SYSTEM, which is expected to make the supervisory processes more robust.
- It will monitor compliance requirements in a more focused manner with the objective of further improving the compliance culture in Supervised Entities like Banks & NBFCs.
- It will also enable cyber incident reporting & analysis.
8. FIH Goal Keepers of the Year 2021-22:
- FIH Men’s Goalkeeper of the year 2021-22: P R SREEJESH
- FIH Women’s Goalkeeper of the year 2021-22: SAVITHA PUNIA
9. Book & Author:
- “Against All Odds: The IT Story of India”
- Co-authored by Kris Gopalakrishnan, Dayasindhu & Krishnan Narayanan.
10. Nobel Peace Prize 2022:
- ALES BIALIATSKI (BELARUS), MEMORIAL (RUSSIA), CENTER FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES (UKRAINE).
- The Peace Prize laureates represent civil society in their home countries. They have for many years promoted the right to criticise power and protect the fundamental rights of citizens.
- They have made an outstanding effort to document war crimes, human rights abuses and the abuse of power. Together they demonstrate the significance of civil society for peace and democracy.
- Nobel Peace Prize 2021 – DMITRY MURATOV, MARIA RESSA.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH