8th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
8th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. Gold Medal in Yogasana – Pooja Patel:
- At the 36th National Games, Pooja Patel of Gujarat became the first athlete to win gold in Yogasana.
- Yogasana is one of the five sports to be played at the National Games in 2022 for the first time.
2. Indian Air Force Day:
- Observed on 8th October.
- Established on 8th October 1932
- In 2022, the IAF will celebrate its 90th Foundation Day with a spectacular parade and fly-past in Chandigarh on 8th Oct.
- Chief of the Air Staff: VR Chaudhari
3. Commission to inquire into demand for SC status to non-Hindu Dalits – headed by K.G. BALAKRISHNAN:
- 3 Member Committee
- Headed by former CJI K G BALAKRISHNAN
- To consider the possibility of granting SC status to “new persons who have historically belonged to the Scheduled Castes’’ but have converted to religions other than Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
- The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 provides for only those belonging to Hindu, Sikh or Buddhist communities to be categorised as SCs.
- The Kalelkar Panel report (1955) and the high powered panel report (1983) were the basis for amending the order to include Dalit Sikhs and Dalit Buddhists as SCs in 1956 and 1990 respectively.
4. World Cotton Day:
- Observed on October 7.
- Theme 2022 – “Weaving a better future for cotton”
5. Operation GARUDA – CBI:
- Carried out by the Central Bureau of Investigation
- It aims to disrupt, degrade and dismantle drug networks with international links.
6. Vande Bharat 2.0:
- Flagged off at Gandhinagar – Mumbai at Gujarat’s Gandhinagar station.
- This is the 3rd Vande Bharat Express in India.
- 1st – New Delhi to Varanasi
- 2nd – New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
- Vande Bharat express is an indigenously developed Train Collision Avoidance System.
7. Changemaker Award – Srishti Bakshi:
- She is a women’s rights activist from India.
- The award is given to recognise the efforts of Srishti Bakshi to raise awareness of gender-based violence and inequality.
8. Tamil Nadu Bans Online Gambling:
- Online gambling and online ‘Games of Chance’ have been banned in Tamil Nadu and other online games will be regulated.
- The law has been formulated based on the recommendation made by a committee, led by a former judge of the Madras High Court K. CHANDRU.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH