7th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
7th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Acting Chief Justice of Madras HC:
- The president of India appointed Hon’ble Justice M Duraisamy as the acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court under Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
- He was appointed after the retirement of the current CJ Munishwar Nath Bhandari.
2. India’s External Debt:
- India’s External Debt: A Status Report 2021 – 22
- The report has been published by the External Debt Management Unit under the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- India’s External Debt increased to USD 620.7 billion, an increase of 8.20% from USD 573.7 billion.
- 90% of total external debt was made up of Commercial borrowings, Non-resident Indian deposits, short-term credit, and multilateral loans.
3. Fuel Flip – develops India’s 1st Air Gas Mixture:
- It is the 1st energy company to manufacture Air Gas Mixture.
- Air Gas Mixture is a product that is Made in India after the complete research and development with the use and installation of the Dual Fuel System.
- Fuel Flip Energy is an impact technology startup that aims to provide clean air and reduce the harsh environmental effects of using diesel generators.
4. 1st NEP 2020 Compliant Law School in India:
- Institute of Integrated Learning in Management (IILM) University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh launched the 1st National Education Policy 2020 Compliant Law School in India with an aim to elevate the legal education system of India.
- The school also has a legal aid and advice centre as required by the constitution of India, the Legal Services Authority Act, 1987 and the multiple directives of the Supreme Court of India.
5. Uttar Pradesh – tops in Disposal & Entry of Cases via E- Prosecution Portal:
- The E- Prosecution Portal is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Ministry of Law and Justice.
- It was launched in 2020 to support courts and the prosecution system in speeding criminal trials in heinous crimes.
6. UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities:
- ‘Nilambur & Thrissur in Kerala and Warangal in Telangana’ have earned recognition from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) after becoming India’s first entrants into the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities.
- The UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC) – was launched in 2013 with the goal of promoting social cohesion, economic development and sustainability in urban areas.
- Thrissur – The cultural capital of Kerala.
- Nilambur – A Prominent Ecotourism Destination in Kerala.
- Warangal – Historic City of Telangana.
- Director General – Audrey Azoulay
- Estb– 1945
- HQ – Paris, France
- Members – 193 Members & 11 Associate Members.
7. Rainbow Account for Transgender Community:
- Launched by the ESAF Small Finance Bank
- Exclusively for Transgender Community.
- High-interest rate and advanced debit card facilities.
- The Reserve Bank of India in 2015 has directed banks to include a separate column ‘third gender’ in all their forms and applications.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank H.Q – Thrissur, Kerala.
8. Barack Obama wins Emmy Award:
- For his narration in the Netflix documentary “Our Great National Parks”
- He has also received Grammy Awards for the audiobook readings of his memoirs: “The Audacity of Hope” & “A Promised Land”
9. Indian Boxer Birju Shah Passed Away:
- Birju Shah, the first Indian to win medals at both the Asian & Commonwealth Games.
10. India’s First Intranasal COVID Vaccine – BBV154:
- India’s first intranasal Covid vaccine by Bharat Biotech received approval from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for primary immunization against the injection for people above the age of 18.
- It is India’s first nasal vaccine for COVID-19.
- It is termed a ‘Big Boost’ to India’s fight against COVID-19.
11. International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies:
- Observed on 7th September
- Theme 2022 – “The Air We Share”
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH