A Thing of Beauty from 8th English
- A Thing of Beauty from 8th English is provided here.
- By John Keats
A thing of beauty is a joy forever
Its loveliness increases, it will never
Pass into nothingness, but will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing
A flowery band to bind us to the earth,
Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth
Of noble natures, of the gloomy days,
Of all the unhealthy and o’er-darkened ways
Made for our searching: yes, in spite of all,
Some shape of beauty moves away the pall
From our dark spirits.
Such the sun, the moon,
Trees old, and young, sprouting a shady boon
For simple sheep; and such are daffodils
With the green world they live in; and clear rills
That for themselves a cooling covert make
‘Gainst the hot season; the mid forest brake
Rich with a sprinkling of fair musk-rose blooms;
An endless fountain of immortal drink,
Pouring unto us from the heaven’s brink
About the Poet
- John Keats (1795 – 1821) was a British Romantic poet.
- Although trained to be a surgeon, Keats decided to devote himself wholly to poetry.
- Keats’ secret, his power to sway and delight the readers, lies primarily in his gift for perceiving
the world and living his moods and aspirations in terms of language.
- A Thing of Beauty is an excerpt from his poem ‘Endymion: A Poetic Romance.
- The poem is based on a Greek legend, in which Endymion, a beautiful young shepherd
and poet who lived on Mount Latmos, had a vision of Cynthia, the Moon Goddess.
- The enchanted youth resolved to seek her out and so wandered away through the forest and down under the sea.
In this video, you will get a Complete Explanation, Figure of Speech and Appreciation Questions.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
- TNPSC General English Synonyms PDF
- TNPSC General English Where to Study PDF
- Life Poem from 10th English
- I am Every Woman Poem from 10th English
- The Secret of the Machines from 10th English
- The Ant and the Cricket from 10th English
- No Men are Foreign from 10th English
- The House on Elm Street from 10th English
- TNPSC Prefix and Suffix Study Material pdf
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening from 9th English
- A Poison Tree from 9th English
- On Killing a Tree from 9th English
- The Spider and the Fly from 9th English
- The River Poem from 9th English
- The Comet Poem from 9th English
- The Stick-together Families from 9th English
- Special Hero from 8th English
- Making Life Worth While from 8th English